Our Different Bird Removal Methods
At Tom’s Pest Control, we use different techniques that are designed specifically to keep birds away from your property without harming them.
- Stainless Steel Spikes: These spikes can be installed on ledges, lights and pipes and are harmless deterrents that keep birds from roosting and landing on specific areas. The best thing about bird spikes is discreet, so your building’s façade will stay untouched.
- Bird Netting or Meshing: Prepared from Polyethylene string and secured with steel installation hardware, this bird netting is perfect for your balconies, windows, gardens, HVAC units, etc. This provides long-term protection from birds that cause serious problems to your property. Bird netting is a safe and humane barrier that helps to exclude all pest bird species from your building.
- Shock Tracks: A low profile electrified tracks, a nearly invisible deterrent that prevents ledges, signs, and roof areas from birds. Shock Track glues to the surface and electrical connectors allow current to pass from one track to the next. This effective technique discourages the birds from landing and roosting in these areas.
- Bird Chase Super Sonic. It is a device ideal for discouraging birds from huge outdoor areas. This device broadcasts distress and predator calls for almost 22 different bird species. This bird chase device emits sounds and discourages them from landing there. This is a solar-powered device and can be easily placed wherever birds flock such as in orchards and trees.
- Repellent Spray: This spray works on the bird’s nervous systems without causing them any harm. It is used to frighten birds away from your building structure. It can be sprayed on bird’s feathers or their nests, perches or areas where they like to sit and lay their eggs. Birds when eating the material, it will secrete distress signals and force them to leave the area due to the perceived “threat.”
How we bird proof your solar panels?
Bird infestation can damage solar panels as birds can interfere with the electrical wiring while nesting or landing. Birds’ faeces are highly acidic which can cause rusting to spoil the solar panel aluminium frames and also stain the solar panel facade, leading to poor efficiency of the solar panel. Thus, it is necessary to protect your solar panel.
At Tom’s Pest Control, we use the best bird-proofing method for protecting your solar panels from pesky birds. We use a wire mesh bird proofing product specifically designed for bird prevention for solar panels. Bird mesh is the best pigeon-proof technique for a solar panel that maintains the airflow in your panels and prevents it from heating up which further would diminish the amount of energy the panel collects per day.
The highly durable bird-proof solar panel mesh effectively prevents birds’ access and keeps it safe from damage caused by birds. The solar panel mesh is also not likely to cause any damage to the birds. We also provide a fire protection compliant solar mesh screening installation by using our aluminium mesh types with advanced fittings.
Our trained technicians create customised solutions to deal with bird infestation. Every structure and bird species creates unique situations; thus, it needs to be evaluated first to craft the correct, most cost-effective bird proofing solution.
If you have pest bird issues at your property, hiring professional pest control is the best option for removing the bird from your environment seamlessly. A professional pest control service will also help you make your space secure from future infestation. At Tom’s Pest Control, we have a team of bird researchers to ensure stress-free, scientific bird removal from our customers’ properties. After identifying the bird species and the characteristics of the birds through an inspection, they create a tailored bird removal plan. All our pest bird removal plans are humane and in accordance with local and state guidelines.
In a number of ways, you can repel the birds from your environment. You can use shiny objects like small mirrors and aluminium foil as deterrents to disturb the birds and force them to flee. You can also use decoys of the predator birds – such as owls and other large birds – to prompt the pest birds to flee from your space. You can also use bird spikes in areas where pest birds perch. The use of natural repellent sprays can be another great choice to help you with the situation. You can mix chilli pepper, vinegar, and water and use this spray in areas where you notice pest birds roost. If you notice that these options are not giving enough results due to the complexity of the infestation, feel free to contact us for professional bird control.
At Tom’s Pest Control, we have a step-by-step procedure to remove birds from our customers’ properties. Our pest technicians will visit your property, identify the bird species, and learn about the reasons for the infestation. Based on that, our team of bird researchers will create a tailored, scientific, and humane bird removal plan. Based on the plan, our technicians will trap the birds, remove them from your property, and release them at a distance far from your property – according to the government regulations. If your locality reports frequent pest issues, we may put bird spikes and nets to minimise future infestation risks and advise you on specific property and yard maintenance tips.
You can always try some DIY procedures to remove if you notice a bird accidentally trapped in your property or infested your surroundings. However, if you see that the bird infestation is complex, we advise you to hire a professional bird removal specialist. This can also help you safeguard your property from future bird infestation risks as well. At Tom’s Pest Control, we offer quick same/next day bird removal service to restore the healthy environments of our customers. Regardless of you have a commercial property or residential environment, we identify all aspects of pest bird infestation and address them through comprehensive pest management plans.
It is important that you don’t make the bird panic by holding or yelling at it. Keep children and pets away from where the bird is trapped. Switch off the lights and fans of the room and put out any flames. Open the windows and exterior doors to show the way for the bird and try to chase it from the opposite direction. If the bird can’t find its way, wash your hands, try to catch it carefully using a sheet or large cloth piece, and put it in a box. Take the box outdoor and release the bird to let it fly away. If you notice that the bird can’t fly, contact your local bird rehabilitation centre for guidance and assistance.
You can confirm the pest birds through a number of signs. In most cases, you would visually see birds encroaching your spaces and compromise your environment’s health and hygiene. The following signs also help you confirm the presence of pest birds in your environments.
- Bird droppings – in areas of your property where the birds roost
- Debris of bird nests or nesting materials
- Noises of the pest birds
- Bird feathers in places where they roost
- Roof shingles damage without any obvious reason – pigeons make their nests under roof shingles
If you notice any of these signs of bird infestation, contact us immediately for quick bird removal.
Bird removal cost in Perth can range between $300 – $1000. We take a number of factors to calculate the cost of a bird removal service. The bird type, the number of birds present at your property, and your property type are the three factors we consider for calculating the cost of the service. If your property has bird infestation, we request you provide us with the details of it to get an upfront FREE quote for the bird removal. Tom’s Pest Control is committed to offering our services at competitive rates and give quotes only based on the specific pest issues to ensure a high-value service experience.